John Cleese and other funny folks coming to San Antonio
Wanna hear something funny?
You’re in luck, then, because a bunch of stand-up comedy shows and other silly stuff will be coming to San Antonio in the new year.
At the top of the list is an appearance by John Cleese, who was in town not too long ago with his Monty Python colleague Eric Idle. Cleese is returning to San Antonio for an evening of storytelling and audience Q&A at the Majestic Theatre preceded by a screening of “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.”
Tickets, $79.50-$129.50, go on sale at noon Friday at the Majestic box office, online via ticketmaster.com and by phone at 800-745-3000.
Sounds great, right? ’Tis but a scratch on the surface of upcoming comedy offerings. Here’s more:
- Now Playing8 Things You Didn’t Know About Marrying a British RoyalRedbook
- Johnson celebrates girl no. 3: ‘give me more estrogen!’AP
- ‘Arrow’ Colton Haynes Returning as Roy for Midseason ArcEWTime
- The Property Brothers Just Revealed Major Hardships From Their PastHouseBeautiful
- Prince William’s Response To Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Engagement Tops All Of ThemHarpersBazaar
- Why Is Ed Sheeran Expecting BAD Album Sales!?Hollyscoop
- Reese Witherspoon Opens Up About Marrying Ryan Phillippe At 23 And Having Two Kids By The Time She Was 27 And More NewsMarieClaire
- 50 Years of Wedding DressesCosmopolitan
- Saudi Arabia Will Allow Movie Theaters to OpenAP
- Selena Gomez Confirms a New AlbumHollyscoop
Humorist and author David Sedaris returns to the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts on April 29. Sedaris, known for his essays on NPR and stories in the New Yorker, has written a series of best-selling books, including “Me Talk Pretty One Day” and his latest, “Theft by Finding: Diaries (1977-2002).”
Tickets, $50-$60, go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday at the Tobin Center box office, by phone at 210-223-8624 and online at tobi.tobincener.org.
Bill Burr, the brash, straight-shooting comic from Boston, returns to town for a March 31 performance at the Majestic Theatre. Burr’s latest Netflix special is “Walk Your Way Out,” and he weighs in on current events on “Bill’s Monday Morning Podcast.”
Tickets, $43.25, go on sale at 1 p.m. Friday at the Majestic box office, online via ticketmaster.com and by phone at 800-745-3000.
Stand-up comic Jo Koy, whose “Live From Seattle” special arrived on Netflix this year, will stop at the Majestic on Feb. 22 as part of his “Break the Mold” tour.
Tickets, $39.25-$49.25, go on sale at 3 p.m. Friday at the Majestic box office, online via ticketmaster.com and by phone at 800-745-3000.
It’s not really a comedy show, but there likely will be lots of laughs when cult movie star Bruce Campbell (”The Evil Dead”) hosts “Last Fan Standing,” a live pop culture trivia contest covering such topics as fantasy, horror, sci-fi and superheroes, on Feb. 24 at the Charline McCombs Empire Theatre.
Tickets, $29.50-$85, go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday at the Majestic Theatre box office, online at ticketmaster.com and by phone at 800-745-3000.