The Latest: Laos says 19 confirmed dead in dam collapse
BANGKOK (AP) – The Latest on the collapse of a dam that flooded villages in southeastern Laos (all times local):
The state news agency in Laos says officials in the southeastern province where a dam collapsed have confirmed 19 dead so far from flooding.
The KPL news agency said Wednesday on its website that officials in Attapeu province also reported more than 1,300 houses damaged by flooding after an auxiliary dam at the Xepian-Xe Nam Noy hydropower project partially collapsed on Monday night. It reported that 5 billion cubic meters of water was released due to the breach.